People have long sought ways to help cure illnesses and ailments without the use of a doctor or prescribed medicine. For centuries, crystals and gemstones have been prized for their beauty and range of natural homeopathic healing powers. These stones have been used for curing headaches, muscle pain, menstrual cramps, or to simply help generate more positive energy to the user.
Common Stones and Uses
There are many different crystals and stones with a variety of different uses, so it can be difficult to figure out where to start. If you’re interested in a “starter kit”, consider some of the more popular stones:
· Clear Quartz—One of the most commonly used crystals, clear quartz is known as a universal or master “healer” of all: it helps with clarity, concentration, and memory. It balances out your body’s alignment and pairs well with rose quartz.
· Rose Quartz—This lovely shaded pink crystal encourages love, trust, and respect for yourself and others around you. Rose quartz can be very calming in a stressful time.
· Amethyst—Ranging in various shades of purple, amethyst is useful for promoting sleep and struggles with insomnia. It is used for protecting, purifying, and healing purposes.
· Lapis Lazuli—Lapis Lazuli has long been considered a very important stone in ancient Egypt. This vibrant blue stone is connected to self-awareness and self-expression. It brings about awareness and clarity to your life.
No matter which crystal or stone you choose, the list above is a great way to give you a start on your journey to inner peace and clarity. Be aware that certain stones, such as clear quartz and rose quartz, release more energy when paired together to give you maximum benefits.
Cleaning Crystals and Stones
Like most objects that are in frequent use, keep in mind that you will need to occasionally clean your
crystal or stone to ensure you are getting its maximum benefits. Some common cleansing or recharging options for your stones and crystals are:
· Using water
· Laying your stones out in the sun or moon
· Using a sound bowl
· Burning sage
· Using a different stone to help balance the energy
Many people use stones to help soothe their body, mind, and soul. By regularly cleaning or recharging your stone, you can help maximize the positive energy of the stone…and help realign
your energies in the process! Stones may vary on cleansing, so be sure to research how to clean individual stones.